Project Five: Visual Sequential Narrative

Visual Sequential Narrative Final:

Here is the final submission as well as the first submission for the visual sequential narrative project. I decided not to make any changes because I felt like there wasn't much that I could change that would make a super big difference. I am still really proud of this, I think it emulated the feeling of nostalgia for Vegas that I wanted.




For this project I wanted to create a video that could be paired with the song "Miss Atomic Bomb" by The Killers. For the concept I wanted to showcase somewhat of a story, and as I was creating the video I felt like I wanted to capture more of the feelings I have towards Vegas. My dad lives there so it's my second home and I always associate certain songs with memories I have so I used this song with the theme of Vegas to make it a bit personal. 

I wanted to make sure that I used different techniques I learned in class for this project to show my (somewhat) progression throughout the semester. I edited the audio to make it shorter so I wouldn't do the whole song, and I included some of my own clips. As far as a story goes, I wanted it to be the joy of driving through Vegas and seeing all of the city, as opposed to the desert that surrounds it. 


Storyboard:

The idea behind my visual narrative is to create a visual for a song that I love. I'm going to use the lyrics from the song "Miss Atomic Bomb" and tell the story of the song through a series of edited videos and lyrics. I'm going to mostly have this project in video footage, but also have the lyrics on the frames they relate to. 

Storyboard:

My handwriting is bad so I apologize for that, but essentially I'm going to tell the story of someone who is remembering their teenage love, where they reminisce on their young love. At the end I think it would be cool to visualize the memory as if the person going through their memories is actually watching it on TV. I want this to evoke the feeling of longing and nostalgia.

Comments