Project Four: PSA

Final Video:

Here is the final submission for the PSA video. It was too short for the previous submission so I added another 15 seconds to make it a full 30 seconds. I added more context for what the PSA is for, which is wearing headphones on flights. I had to re-do a big portion of the audio and fix transitions to make sure the new addition fit in well with the previous video. I wanted to keep it fun and playful, and less serious of a matter but still something to consider as a PSA. Sort of an unspoken PSA in a way, more like bringing attention to common sense. 



First Submission:

For this project I decided to do a PSA on having airport etiquette. There are a lot of things you should avoid doing to be neighborly in an airport and on a plane, so I wanted to highlight how to not be a jerk. I decided on "not using headphones while on the plane" because that happens more often that it should. Since Beats by Dre are some of the most known headphones, I used them as a sponsor for this PSA.


This project included creating a backdrop for the scene setting, creating and mixing many different audios together to elevate the scenario, and creating and animating the three main characters. 

I wanted this to have a more colorful and less serious vibe because this a subject that many people would consider a PSA at first. I am still learning character animation, and learning the Duik system, so there are a bit of hard movements that could be cleaner for sure, and overall there could definitely be more animation in the environment. I was trying to find good audios for what I needed but the Youtube library is a bit limited so I worked with what I had.

Overall I feel like I did a good job, there is definitely room for improvement, so any suggestions would be great!

Storyboard with added context:




 

Comments

  1. Very nice, your message is clear, but I didn't feel like I was being scolded, and I left with a smile at the end! One suggestion I would give is the sound effect you have for transitions is a sort of "pop" when I think a slidey sound would better suite the animation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment