Project One: Anecdote/Quote

Final Video:

Here is the final submission for the Anecdote/Quote project. I didn't make many new edits, however I did change the background animation. I wanted to convey the feeling of urgency in the beginning of the video with the red, and as it turns into a blue color it conveys the feeling of hope. Enjoy!



First Submission:


Below is the first submission of the video. This was the video created for critique and has since been modified. I made quite a few edits (thank you for suggestions!) I re-did the audio to help the ending get a smoother sound, and changed the colors I worked with and changed a few of the fonts boldness as well as color. I'm super new to animating so I just played around with different presets and made some of my own. I hope you enjoy!



Progress Video 3:

This is just another update with a few changes closer to the final product. The background is different, there are animations, and different text color and boldness. It is mostly finished, and I will be making a few more changes to see if they work well.  I'm aware the audio does not work, I am still working on that issue! 


Progress Video 2:


The video below is the second progress video I have for this project. I finished adding all of the text and aligning it with the audio. I changed the font, by also editing the sizing and boldness here and there. I also changed the positioning of the words, and added a green background. I have not worked on the styling yet but that is my next plan! I am open to transition ideas/animation ideas. I am planning on keeping this relatively clean, since the speech itself is speaking about a relatively important subject matter. Any suggestions will be appreciated! 

Progress Video 1

This is a link for the very first progress video, which is found on my drive (if there are issues with viewing let me know). I began to add the text over the audio, but only made a bit of progress thus far. 

Project 1 Audio File

This is the finished audio that I will be using for project 1. This speech was from Leonardo DiCaprio's first Oscar win, where he spoke about the issue of Climate Change. I slightly tweaked the audio by getting rid of the applause at the beginning and the end and a bit of his speech at the very end. I also fixed some of the audio in the middle where there was open space. 



Comments

  1. Very powerful audio! I wish the ending had more oomph though. Maybe make it so his voice raises in volume instead of fading out and the audio rises and falls in the background. Nice syncing of the text. I like the background color and font choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your text compositions are wonderful. I love how the text fits together neatly. I think you also approached the couple of moments of stuttering really well. I think the flashing of the small center text addresses the audio in a nice subtle way. I think the green background works well with the subject matter, and I'm excited to see how you further style the text to fit the theme. I think exploring more than one text color could be interesting within your video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you scale text and show emphasis with its size. I really enjoyed the quote and the font you used. I think it would be cool if your background started as red to symbolize the current state of climate change, and hue-shifted to green to represent hope in humanity and its future. Overall, very sharp and easy to read. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would play with different fonts that add to the serious tone of the problem being discussed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the audio so far. I'm not sure if you added that background music or not, but it works really well. I wish the audio at the end didn't fade out so drastically though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Final: I'm a fan of how active the type is. I like that I can see how you've gone out of your way to try out lots of different techniques. The only thing I don't necessarily like is the color combination of red and green text but that could be a personal preference.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment