Project Three: Infographic

Final Video:

Here is the final video for the infographic project. As far as changes go, I added the suggestion of different colored slides. I wanted to keep it shorter and not explain what a haft sin is in this infographic just because it would not only take a long explanation, but also it would still be confusing for those who don't really know what it is. With that in mind, my target audience is for someone who celebrates Persian New Year or is just starting to celebrate. 


First Submission:

This is the first submission for the infographic project. As you can see, I completely changed my idea from the previous in progress work posted earlier. For this new project I wanted to create an infographic for Nowruz, or Iranian New Year. 



Just to give a brief explanation, Persian New Year (or Nowruz) is a celebration on the first day of spring, with a larger celebration in the weeks before and after. One of the ways people from Iran celebrate is by having a Haft Sin, which is essentially a shrine to honor the new year. "Haft" in farsi means "seven", and "Sin" (pronounced seen) is an alphabet in the Persian alphabet. Putting this together, a Haft Sin is comprised of seven (or more) symbolic items to represent what you want to bring into the new year. 

There are many different items you can have, and for this infographic I included a few of the most widely used, and some other options. I put the translations for each item, and if you would want to participate there are plenty of other items to use if you don't have what I've listed. I usually add a mirror, candles, and painted eggs, so use whatever you would like! 

Happy Nowruz!



Here is the storyboard for this updated infographic 

In Progress 1:

For this project I am going to outline the dangers of smoking, but more specifically vaping. Addiction is a big issue, and the irony with vaping is that it was supposed to help the issue of addictive cigarettes. Vaping backfired and now more and more young people are getting addicted to vaping which is becoming a new issue, one that we don't have a lot of information on long term since vaping is still pretty new. I'm using the organization "truth" as a sponsor for the infographic. 

For the animations, I am going to add in a fact about vaping and its danger with text and make it a small commercial in a way, 15 seconds in total. Right now I am still working on tidying up this ending animation and fixing the flow and timing of it so if anyone has any tips let me know! 

This is the tutorial I followed for the smoke effect, and for the arm I just did a simple rotation, and position change. If there are any suggestions I would love to hear them!


Comments

  1. I really like the skeleton illustration you used for your tutorial. I think it fits really well with your concept. I'm curious, since you are using truth as your sponsor organization, will you play upon their style of commercials (both somewhat humorous and serious)? Since these types of infommercials are very common, how might your infographic prove more effective than the current commercials? Is there some aspect they fail to address that you could explore to make your infographic more unique? Just some questions to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very attractive illustration here. I agree that it's effective for the infographic you're doing. Maybe have the skeleton crumble and fall apart at the end for an interesting outro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think making the skeleton cough could be cool. I really like the message even though I vape lol. Maybe delay the cloud coming out so it looks more like a hit. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how you can further connect this to younger people or people our age

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment